- RT @danacmrn: THE DYSTOPIAN STATES OF AMERICA--You need this! @ChristophGolden @BrackenMacLeod @nytebird45 @JMcIlveen @HillaryMonahan @Jame… 1 day ago
- Ten Things To Know About Massachusetts' Mask Order That Starts Wednesday wgbh.org/news/local-new… 3 weeks ago
- RT @JMcIlveen: Wonderful write-up in F&SF by Charles de Lint for Andrew Vachss’s genre bending novel CARBON. sfsite.com/fsf/2020/cdl20… @… 3 weeks ago
- Wonderful write-up in F&SF by Charles de Lint for Andrew Vachss’s genre bending novel CARBON.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- Ozone hole three times the size of Greenland opens over the North Pole space.com/largest-ozone-… 1 month ago
- So this just happened! My yet to be published novel GIRL GONE NORTH has just been shortlisted for the Wilbur & Niso Smith Foundation’s 2019 Best Unpublished Manuscript Award.
- Finally! An easy way to list my books!
- Goodreads Giveaway — Inflictions: A Collection
- What better way to ring in the holidays? — John M. McIlveen – Author
- What better way to ring in the holidays?
- May 2019
- May 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- February 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- January 2013
- Follow John M. McIlveen – Author on WordPress.com
This non-themed anthology of horror features never-before-published works by: M. Louis Dixon, John McIlveen, Jack Ketchum, Rebecca J. Allred, Dan Waters, Michael Bailey, John Boden, Trent Zelazny & Brian Knight, Bob Pastorella, Peter Salomon, Carol Pierson Holding, Steve Rasnic Tem, Darren O. Godfrey, David Annandale, Anya Martin, G. Daniel Gunn & Paul Tremblay, Gordon White, Sean M. Davis, Tim Waggoner, Bradley Michael Zerbe, and Gary A. Braunbeck. Also included, one amazing previously published novelette by David Morrell.
Click HERE to purchase the eBook for $5.99 or trade paperback edition (left image) for $15.99.
Click HERE to get the limited edition hardcover (right image), for $50. Limited to 250 copies signed by all contributors.
Buy at Amazon
Buy at Barnes & Noble
Buy on Google Play
Buy from Smashwords
In a suburb on Boston’s North Shore, a catatonic little girl is found behind a dumpster. She is a mystery. As Social Worker Debbie Gillan pieces together the puzzle of the child’s identity, she discovers the child had disappeared two years earlier along with a twin sister. She also discovers HANNAHWHERE, an alternate world that is both a haven and a prison…. Life altering trauma becomes the key to unraveling the truth about the children, about Hannahwhere…and about Debbie herself. Truths that could either save them or destroy them all.
“HANNAHWHERE is a revelation. This constantly surprising novel has some very dark moments, but John McIlveen’s clean, clear prose carries you through them and back into the light of the good, decent people who fuel this story with their desperate efforts to do the right thing. Hannah herself is a joy. If she were up for adoption, I’d be the first in line.”
— F. Paul Wilson, New York Times bestselling author of COLD CITY
“HANNAHWHERE by John McIlveen is everything a book should be–filled with unforgettable characters, fast-paced, and a page-turner. I loved it!”
— Heather Graham, New York Times bestselling author of LET THE DEAD SLEEP
“From the very first line of HANNAHWHERE, you know you’re in good hands. John McIlveen raises a compelling new voice with a story that is at once playful and frightening, thrilling and heartbreaking. Highly recommended.”
— Jonathan Maberry, New York Times bestselling author of ROT & RUIN and FIRE & ASH
“John McIlveen’s HANNAHWHERE is a thrilling, emotionally complex paranormal mystery. The little girls at the center of the story will touch your heart and unsettle you, all at the same time. A wonderful first novel from an exciting new voice in genre fiction.”
— Christopher Golden, New York Times bestselling author of SNOWBLIND
“Love it, love it, LOVE IT!”
— Rick Hautala, bestselling author of THE DEMON’S WIFE
“John McIlveen’s HANNAHWHERE easily and often defies genre, weaving in mystery, darkness, humor and horror with a cast of living, breathing characters that it’s far too easy to fall in love with. I am in awe of his talents.”
— James A. Moore, author of the SEVEN FORGES series.
“ HANNAHWHERE is a unique piece of fiction. Full of compelling characters and original concepts, it transcends any notions of genre. The reader’s need to encounter a beautifully realized story rendered in clear, precise prose is fulfilled here with stunning clarity. John McIlveen is a talent who has a brilliant future as a novelist.”
— Thomas F. Monteleone, four-time Bram Stoker Award-winner
Yes I do!
“Summoning shades of Kafka and Cronenberg, GOT YOUR BACK, is a darkly wry and unsettling tale of a debt coming due that adds up to much more than a pound of flesh. John McIlveen’s trademark fusion of wit and foreboding is as strong as a Harrington rod, and while Ricky Briggs might not have a spine, McIlveen’s guts and heart are on display in every word he writes.”
—Bracken MacLeod, author of STRANDED